Glossary: Diverging? Pinch Point? Chicane? If you aren’t sure what a word means, look it up in our glossary

Special signs and marking for buses, trams, rail and light rail


There are special regulatory signs and markings used to show the parts of a road that are reserved for particular vehicles, namely buses, bicycles, trams and light rail. The signs can be regulatory, warning and/or information signs. The design of the signs is consistent with the design of regulatory, warning and/or information signs.

This section deals with the more common signs that you will see as a road user. You should take care when you see any signs for buses, bicycles, trams, rail and light rail.